Monday 5 March 2012

Challenge Accepted

*sigh*

I was fairly convinced that I would never have to endure a day quite as awful and traumatic as 27th December, 2011, but alas, we have a worthy contender on our hands.

4th March 2012.

Not just the day I had been feeling particularly glum over due to it being Lyla-Mae's first birthday and the book I wrote for her unearthed some rather unpleasant memories in the latter few days (along with a half-buried burning desire to crush, kill and destroy said person's mother) but I did some further investigating into the reasons behind Melissa's reasons for ending things . .

Here's a word of advice for my disciples: being blissfully unaware of everything is drastically underrated. 


So yush, on accounts of both Poppy and Melissa, I've come to accept that excavating too much is never going to end well . . . I mean just look what happened in 'The Mummy'. 

And so I ended up saying 'goodbye' to the two people that meant the most to me on the same day . . . but if that wasn't bad enough, oh no!  My long-standing feud with modern technology jus' had to stick the boot in there, didn't it?  I got trolled by my mp3 player, which just so happened to select the much appreciated song 'Push It' - well known for the lines 'ooh babeh babeh!' which me and Poppy once sang to Lyla (my part down the phone) for teh lulz  - which is done by Salt 'n' Peppa - the names of Melissa's two dogs.

Needless to say, I spent the night weeping copiously into Totoro's comforting mass.

(but on a more serious note, although things didn't work out between me and Melissa and I'm quite hurt I don't have a bad word to say about her.  She has a heart of pure gold and an infectious smile, and will make a certain someone very happy.)

And so, as you can probably imagine, today I wish I was dead . . . or in bed . . . or had just stubbed my toe (I dunno, I fail at this whole emo malarky). But, as I have previously said in this blog about December 2011, things after March 2012 can only improve.

Given that I have once again tried to find someone amongst my own species who can appreciate my existence and subsequently failed, I am partaking in an activity - nay, a drastic change in lifestyle choice, you may say (according to both Grace and Gareth, the two people who probably know me the best) - and, from this day forth, I shall be endeavouring to complete the great undertaking of . . .


That's right folks!  I'm not even going to consider entertaining the idea of one of these fancy womenfolk until 5th September 2012.  In my mind, I have the image of me spending the next six months will be spent thusly;

- Without a care in the world.
- Getting hilariously drunk on many an occasion.
- Acting incredibly immaturely for my considerable age.
- Passing my driving test
- Finishing 'The New God' - yeah the title changed due to one of those bolt-upright-at-5am moments of inspiration.
- Curing smallpox.
- Errrrr . . . . think I'm about done, but you get my drift.

However, I think we all know that in all actuality the next six months will be spent mainly on Tim and Claire's sofa and moaning about anything that comes to mind. Oh well!





But yep, I shall be staying one step ahead of the inevitability of rejection by spending my next six months . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment