Saturday 19 November 2011

"and the geek shall inherit the Earth"

Gah!  Twice today I have had people querying why I haven't written a new blog since Wednesday.  Naturally, I will grumble and moan, but in all honesty I'm quite flattered people are reading it (but that's a secret, don't tell anyone).

First of all, I should point out my latest bumble, which was brought to my attention by Gareth on Thursday over a curry.  In my last blog, I went into a fair amount of detail about how I fled living - well, squatting - in London.  Well . . . . Celina, the Polish girl who accused me of not speaking proper English (bah!) introduced me to one of her friends who came over one time, and sort of hinted that we should go on a non-formal date as we have a fair bit in common (mainly a love of anime and pokemon) and to show me around the area.   Since then, we have become pretty good friends,  but since I am not living in London anymore, there is no need to explore the area.  The two of us are facebook friends, and I post the links to my blog on facebook. . . . and she's friends with Celina, whose evil damp-ridden clutches I escaped from . . . but not informed her yet - whoops, bumble!  I expect some emails and phone-calls in the near future >.<

Anyway, I spent last night (Friday) in a similar manner of how I spend every Friday - at Claire and Tim's flat.  However, unlike most Friday's where Corporation is attended and I once again question why I thought it was a good idea to wear a white t-shirt on a bleary-eyed Saturday morning, we were having a credit-crunch induced night in with a fair amount of cider and Saints Row 3.  Between the two of us (and a brief cameo from Claire) we got through a handsome amount of the Strongbow, and yet I don't think either of us were particularly drunk . . . oh wait . . . hmmm, we were both crying with laughter at Professor Genki's misfortune for a fair few minutes . . . and I did fall asleep for a while . . . . okay, maybe just a wee bit. Regardless, t'was good to have a relaxed night in.  However, I think the most striking difference between going to Claire and Tim's this week when compared to last Sunday was perhaps the journey home, when I found the very first member of my fan club!

Picture the scene, it was dark and cold on a Sunday, and we all know what Sunday buses are like.  I had twenty-five minutes to wait until my next bus, so I decided (as I do far too often, as my increasingly tight-fitting waistcoat is screaming at me) to feed myself.  So off I went in search of sustainence, and having found an establishment that was open (I won't name the place; Rose will berate me if she ever finds out) I stood lost in thought studying the menu (why I do this I don't know, I only order the same thing) when from the edges of my peripheral vision emerged a gaggle of youths, one of which gasped loudly and shouted "it's Sonny Moore!".  And so, cue one of my more unique dining experiences, and second most awkward (that will have to wait for another time, if I remember, but it is very cringe) as whilst I was waiting for my food, I had my face poked and stared at, some hugs and my photo taken with my number 1 fan;




. . . and the hat was to control my fluffy just-washed hair.  I realise I look awful in this picture, but please appreciate that this sort of thing doesn't happen to me every day >.<

I googled this 'Sonny Moore' fellow, and I don't think I look anything like him.  Still, it made for an interesting experience, plus its someone else to add to my list of look-a-likes I suppose.  Here's a test; let's see if you can spot me from the following line-up of me and my look-a-likes;


So, not only do I have a real life fan, but there are people actually reading this!  Soon, I shall have a flock of minions, and my plan of taking over Panama shall become a reality, but until then, thanks everyone who says you are enjoying it.   It makes my painstaking pace at typing (without a hint of exageration, this has taken me roughly 1 hour and 45 minutes) worthwhile.  Tomorrow's shall be more interesting . . . promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment